Some sensory activities you can do with beavers, cubs and Scouts. Activities selected will depend on the learner’s age, stage of development and interests: Games ideas to cover the following senses
- Use the colours and nature laminate to give young people a colour range that you want them to go away and find.
- Create your own version of the colour wheel using the items found.
- Or using some sticks create on the floor some ‘picture frames’ so that they can use the items they find to create a picture which can be what every they like but shows off the colours they were given.
- To book the Colour information go to our booking form SFL>>>>
- Get the young people to identify all the sounds they hear in a given time frame, see how many different noises they hear besides the rumble of the M5.
- To book the Sound information go to our booking form SFL>>>>
- Feel the different trees bark as you go around, understand the differences.
- Use the Touch Scavenger Hunt and find all the things on it.
- To book the Touch information go to our booking form SFL>>>>
4. Blindfold game
- Split group into pairs.
- One child chooses a tree while the partner is blindfolded. First child leads partner to the tree and blindfolded child explores the tree to ‘get to know it’.
- Both children return to start point and the blindfold is removed, children then try to find their trees by remembering size smell form texture etc.
- Repeat for the other child and another tree.
- To book the Blindfold Game information go to our booking form SFL>>>>
- Find any area where the trees overhang the ground not hard at Glenny. Explain that you are going to go on a tree top walk and you will need your magic mirror to keep safe. Give each child a cd and check that they can hold it at chin or end of nose level and look into it to see the objects above them.
- Take the children down to the woods and form a follow my leader line one hand on th shoulder of the child in front on hand holding the CD in place.
- Take the children for a walk under and between the trees commenting on things you can see above.
- CDs for sight activitiy in the draw can be used shiny side up.
- To book the Sight information go to our booking form SFL>>>>